The event has attracted more than 110 participants from the Baltic States, Israel, the UK, Poland and elsewhere. The event was hosted by the Lithuanian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (LT VCA).
See more pics in the event page on Facebook.
AGENDAWednesday, August 27
12:00 – 14:00 Registration (Minge Village) & get together
14:00 – 14:10 Opening / Welcome Address
14:10 – 14:30 Keynote Speaker
- MANTAS MIKUCKAS, co-founder and angel investor, "Vinted Limited" (Lithuania)
14:30 – 14:50 The Baltics VC/PE Markets in a Central European ContextEBRD’s experience in the Baltics and the next steps under the EBRD Baltics Integrated Approach
- ANNE FOSSEMALLE, Director, Equity Funds, EBRD (UK).
A review of EBRD’s experience in the Baltics and beyond and the next steps to be taken under the EBRD Baltics Integrated Approach: How does the performance of the Baltic States compare to that of their CEE peers? What challenges need to be addressed to support the development of the VC/PE Ecosystem in the Baltic States? What are the next steps under the EBRD Baltics Integrated Approach?
14:50 – 15:10 Venture Capital Market Trends
- PRAVEEN PARANJOTHI, investment manager, European Investment Fund (EIF) ( Luxembourg).
Venture Capital market trends’ is to expound on the VC trends in the market from a European perspective: Who is investing in VC in Europe and what are the LPs looking for? What are the hot opportunities that VCs are targeting and how are the global investors reacting to the European opportunities? What are the core drivers for a sustainable venture ecosystem and how could European VC ecosystem (possibly) get there?
15:10 – 15:45 Panel Disucussion I: Next steps in developing PE/VC markets in the Baltics?
- Session Chair: AUDRIUS ZABOTKA, Managing Director, Investment and Business Guarantees. Ltd. (INVEGA) (Lithuania)
- Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, EU Structural assistance management department (Lithuania)
- KLAVS VASKS, Chairman of the Board, Latvian Guarantee Agency (LGA) (Latvia)
- ANDRUS TREIER, CEO, KredEx (Estonia)
16:15 – 17:00 Panel Disucussion II: The government role in the development of domestic venture capital ecosystem.
- Session Chair: YESHA SIVAN, Executive Director, Coller Institute of Venture at Tel Aviv University (Israel)
- TROY WEEKS, Senior Banker, Equity Funds, EBRD (UK)
- BARBARA NOWAKOWSKA, Managing Director, Polish Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (PSIK) (Poland)
- Session Chair: PRAVEEN PARANJOTHI, investment manager, EIF
- KRISTJAN TAMLA, CEO, Swedbank Investment Funds AS (Estonia)
- IGNAS PLIUŠKYS, Head of Investment Management Department, SEB Asset Management (Lithuania)
- JĀNIS ROZENFELDS, CEO, SEB Wealth Management (Latvia)
18:00 – 19:00 Closing Dinner
19:00 – 21:30 Boat Trip
21:30 – ... Social Networking & Activities