|Adding 2-step verification to gmail is EASY|
Israel is now being "attacked" (more liked being annoyed). One of the core challenges is stealing user passwords.(and yes, it can cause lots of demange -- if you are in the US see http://www.privatewifi.com/someone-stole-my-identity-now-what/).
People ask me a lot what to do. There is lots of advice out there... but people are often busy.
So I want you to do ONE THING (if you are like many people using gmail).
Please, plz, PLEASE -- use 2-step verification. I have been using it for 12 months and it is simple.
Adds just a bit of hassle, but works -- it will cut your cummuliative lots by 95% if your password is stolen.
It is basically easy -- but you do need to read and understand it (understand what to do when you do not have a phone).
Here's a short video about it:
And, while you are at it. Do it also for facebook and your other tools:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150172618258920 (works very well).
* Apple ID: https://appleid.apple.com (cant say if it is easy, I just added it).
* Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/363/en (did it, easy).
* Google: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=180744 (a MUST)
* Microsoft: partially implemented -- I never use it. Google it -- or shall i say Bing it.
Even more info: see http://www.howtogeek.com/130844/secure-yourself-by-using-two-step-verification-on-these-16-web-services/