Web3D Conference 2012
17th International Conference on 3D Web Technology
Sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH and in cooperation with Eurographics
August 4 - 5, 2012
L.A. Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Paper submission deadline: April 3rd, 2012
Author Notification: May 15th, 2012
Camera-ready due: June 1st, 2012
Conference date: August 4 - 5, 2012----------------------------------------------
The 17th ACM International Web3D Conference will address a wide range of research topics related to Web-based 3D Graphics. These topics include: representation and modeling methods, content analysis, rendering, distributed virtual environments, large-scale databases, Web-wide human-computer interaction, as well as innovative tools and applications. On the one hand, authoring and delivering educational contents is one of the main interests of this edition of the conference. The creation of educational materials, such as interactive electronic technical manuals (especially for Augmented-Reality-based scenarios) will be supported, as well as the approach to incorporate advanced real-time rendering features into the X3D standard, in a generic way that is independent from the specific rendering method. On the other hand, the conference will particularly focus on novel mobile AR applications, innovative 3D graphics Web applications and novel Medical and eHealth developments, aside from contents over 3D Internet.
The annual ACM Web3D Conference is a major event that gathers researchers, developers, entrepreneurs, experimenters, artists, and content creators in a dynamic environment. Attendees can share and explore methods of using, enhancing, and creating new 3D Web and Multimedia technologies, such as WebGL and HTML5 (which is a hot topic in Computer Graphics), Flash/ Stage 3D, X3D, COLLADA, and the MPEG family. The conference highlights capabilities and trends in interactive 3D graphics across a wide range of applications and supports research from mobile devices up to high-end immersive environments.
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
* Modeling, processing, analysis and rendering of complex geometry, structure, and behaviors
* 3D search, shape matching and indexing
* Rendering algorithms and standardization and visualization of large data sets
* Interaction methods for online 3D content
* Interactive 3D graphics for mobile devices
* Mixed and Augmented Reality (including standardization aspects)
* Agents, animated humanoids, and complex reactive characters
* Remote rendering and streaming
* Stereo and multi-view visualization of 3D graphic interfaces
* High-performance 3D graphics for distributed environments, tele-presence, tele-operation, and 3D broadcasting
* Web, multimedia and standards integration and interoperation.
Authors are also invited to submit advances in the above technologies applied to multimedia applications in:
* Automotive, Security, Transport Industries
* Life sciences and healthcare
* Geospatial modeling and digital cities
* Public sector and tourism
* Cultural heritage and E-learning.
Papers Submission Instructions
Authors are invited to submit full papers (up to 9 pages, including figures and references) or short papers (up to 4 pages, including figures and references) in PDF format via the SRM Submission Site.
Papers must be formatted using the document templates for conferences sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH. Upon acceptance, the final revised paper is required also in electronic form. Accepted papers and posters will appear in the Web3D 2012 Conference Proceedings, published by ACM Press.
Posters Submission Instructions
For the first time, there is an invitation for submitting proposals for technical poster presentations at Web3D 2012. Poster submissions (1 page) can e.g. describe recently completed work, highly relevant results of work in progress, as well as successfully developed systems and applications.
Posters must be formatted using the document templates for conferences sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH. Upon acceptance, the final revised poster is required also in electronic form.
Submission link: srm.eg.org/SRM_WEB3D2012